Today’s distribution environment is more complex than ever. Warehouse managers are under a lot of pressure to maximize throughput, minimize cost, optimize labor productivity and meet shipping deadlines, and do so in a way that keeps each and every customer happy, which is a tough task.
The Rapidly Changing World of a Warehouse Manager
Consumers are the new boss and are driving rapid change, and warehouse managers need to stay ahead of this if they want to stay profitable and competitive. Whether you serve B2B or B2C customers, it’s no longer about keeping up with orders. It’s about leveraging operational competitive advantages to deliver profitably and seamlessly in response to your customers’ increasing and demanding needs. Customers expect flawless service and instant visibility.
To meet customer needs and thrive in an ever-changing and hyper-connected, omni-channel world, warehouse managers need to be able to quickly adapt to change and optimize and execute tasks to get the right inventory, at the right location, at the right time, cost and condition.
Using a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to Satisfy Customer Expectations
With the right WMS in place, organizations can improve the ability to meet demanding customer expectations, enhance productivity and fulfill orders more profitably. For example, some JDA Software customers who have implemented a WMS have achieved substantial ROI, including:
- Fulfillment cost reductions 25 percent or more
- Inventory storage and handling cost reductions between 10 and 35 percent
- Inventory visibility and accuracy of 99.8 percent or better
- Improved labor performance and employee engagement
- Dock-to-stock time reductions up to 50 percent
How JDA WMS Can Make Warehousing Easy
To help better understand your warehouse operational performance, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are your warehouse operations and processes flexible enough to meet increasing consumer demands?
- Are you able to dynamically adjust your labor plans and workflows to quickly react to changes in your business?
- Can you scale quickly to handle surges in today’s omni-channel world?
- Is your workforce mobile enabled and proactive to quickly respond to ever-changing conditions?
- How do you deal with surges, such as seasonal demand, where you’ll be faced with overtime, intensified labor schedules, increased customer orders, waves to optimize labor and complex transportation plans?
If any of these questions caused concern, there’s help, and the answer is JDA WMS.
JDA WMS and Warehouse Labor Management (WLM) can help you meet these demands head on. Built on 30 years of experience, JDA WMS is a role-based, configurable, scalable, cloud-enabled solution that provides world-class best of breed functionality to retailers, manufacturers, wholesale distributors and third party logistic (3PL) companies. You can now make your warehousing and distribution operations easier to manage and in a more profitable manner than ever before with JDA Warehouse and Labor Management solutions. Watch the video, “Warehousing Made Easy,” to learn how JDA can help your organization meet increasing customer needs and remain profitable and increase your competitive advantage. Contact JDA to learn more today.
Also, be sure to check out the infographic: Warehouse and Labor Management Made Easy.