The current global economic climate and consequences of a double-dip recession are perhaps the most pressing challenges facing supply chain managers today. Responding to demand in a volatile environment requires effective supply chain management that will link products to customers effectively; however, companies struggling to achieve this level of supply chain integration are finding themselves exposed to unnecessary costs, extended lead ties and significant risks.
What does it take to master global supply chain? What immediate and long-term actions need to be taken to not merely weather a storm, but build a sustainable supply chain model to realize long-term profits and growth? The theme for JDA FocusConnect 2012 – Winning profitably in a changing world – reflects the sense of urgency companies need, and the opportunity they have to lead in a changing world with a newly empowered and ‘always-on’ consumer. The theme also underscores JDA’s commitment to innovation, ensuring that its best-in-class end-to-end supply chain solutions continue to provide companies with unmatched value and bottom-line results.
The Supply Chain Council has stated that one positive effect of the recent economic depression is that, “it has forced companies to take an intense look at their supply chains, question some of their assumptions, and root out major inefficiencies.” With this in mind, we are looking forward to your participation at JDA FocusConnect 2012 to learn more about next-generation technologies to turn vulnerabilities into competitive advantage and discuss the new imperatives for supply chain leaders in 2013:
- Maximizing supply chain flexibility
- Managing multiple supply chain configurations
- Integrating people, processes and technology across highly distributed global model
Keynote presentations at JDA FocusConnect 2012 will feature JDA leaders as well as highly regarded executives from some of the world’s leading companies such as Tesco, Lenovo, OfficeMax, Poundland, P&G and many more who will take the podium to share strategies and best practices.
- Tom Dziersk, executive vice president of sales & marketing, will address supply chain obstacles and opportunities for companies around the world to transform their supply chains into a competitive advantage.
- Razat Gaurav, senior vice president of EMEA, JDA Software, will discuss strategies around optimizing business performance while delivering differentiated supply chain solutions.
- Sir Terry Leahy, former CEO of Tesco (1997-2011), will share firsthand experience turning Tesco into the largest retail chain in Britain, transforming the country’s supermarket industry and disrupting the businesses of its competitors.
- Ajit Sivadasan, head of global web sales and marketing, Lenovo Corporation, will share his expertise with user experience management and his work developing best-of-class web capabilities utilizing the latest technologies and leading cutting edge concepts in the web space.
- Didier Delmotte, director of Western Europe product supply operations, P&G, will address transportation leadership and the significant impact on service, cost and sustainability that can be achieved through transportation transformation.
Follow @JDASoftware and tune into the #JDAFC12 hashtag on Twitter to join the conversation and share highlights throughout the event. And if you are attending JDA FocusConnect12, remember that we are giving away gift cards every day to the “best session quote of the day” and “best photo of the day.” Share with us via Twitter for your chance to win.