FOCUS 2016, held in Nashville, TN, wrapped up earlier this week after setting record attendance. More than 2,000 attendees traveled to the Gaylord Opryland resort to get the latest insights from thought leaders and key players across supply chain management to help them deliver the “Seamless Customer Experience.”
FOCUS kicked off with general session presentations on a number of key topics:
- Bal Dail, JDA Chairman and CEO, spoke on Delivering a Seamless Customer Experience Begins with a Seamless Supply Chain
- Razat Gaurav, JDA EVP & General Revenue Officer, and Bruce Bordelon, Technical Solutions Director, Google for Work, talked about The Big Pivot: The Digital Revolution, the Internet of Things and the Supply Chains of the Future
- Leaders from both Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, based in Nashville, and IKEA brought real-world insights into current supply chain issues
- Kevin O’Marah, Chief Content Officer from SCM World, added a higher-level view in Supply Chains Save the World 2.0
- Manny Ohonme presented the audience with a moving, thought provoking and impassioned story – The Story of Samaritan’s Feet: A Supply Chain that Delivers Sole Purpose
- Artist Candy Chang made everyone question themselves with Are You Ready to Change the World? Making Space for Creativity and Innovation
Attendees then selected from more than 290 content-packed sessions across retail, supply chain and logistics.
Getting real-deal insights on implementation
More than 100 sessions at FOCUS were led by JDA customers, another record. People came to hear from those who have successfully implemented the most advanced solutions in the industry on what it really takes to succeed, including change management, estimating costs, time to delivery and payback, and avoiding business disruptions.
Fifteen minutes of fame on JDA TV
New at FOCUS this year was JDA TV which was broadcast live from the Delivery Zone. This ‘talk show’ type broadcast consisted of short, 15 minute, live streaming interviews. The line-up included industry experts, customers, analysts, and JDA thought leaders discussing emerging trends, new technologies, fascinating success stories, and interesting topics. The JDA TV studio was THE place to be at FOCUS. Take a look at the recordings of all 27 interviews to get some valuable information.
Collaborate, connect, and inspire with Women in Supply Chain
Also new this year was the Women in Supply Chain leadership dinner and panel discussions. This gathering of professional women working in supply chain, retail, and logistics heard from dynamic speakers including Susan Brady from Linkage, Dr. Nancy Nix from AWESOME, and Rachel Mushahwar from Intel. Topics and insights included successful leadership approaches, opportunities for growth, and career trajectory management. This was a great networking series that led to many connections that will last well beyond FOCUS.
Have your voice heard
Attendees had the opportunity, during and after the show, to provide feedback on their experience via the customer voice survey to help us make it even better next time. This is one of our most important tools for formally gathering and taking action on your feedback.
Celebrating our customers
On Monday evening, the entire FOCUS crowd took the short walk over to the Grand Ole Opry for the Customer Celebration. The evening was filled with great southern food, drink and music. The main event was Darius Rucker, country music star and former front-man for Hootie & the Blowfish. Darius had the crowd on its feet the entire time as he performed his biggest country hits, ‘Hootie’ blockbusters, and classics from John Cougar Mellencamp, Hank Williams Jr., and a moving tribute to Prince.
Save the date for more FOCUS
Our next FOCUS event is FOCUSConnect 2016 being held November 7-9, 2016 in London at the Intercontinental London: The O2. Followed up shortly thereafter by FOCUS 2017 in Las Vegas from April 25-28, 2017 at the MGM Grand.
See you soon!